Explore the many opportunities available with the Kindleberger Festival and Summer Concert Series.
5K Run/Fitness Walk Volunteer Positions Available
5K Update – 18-21 volunteers total.
4 Water Station
7-8 Course Marshals
1-2 Friday Packet Pickup
3-4 Saturday General
Friday, July 8
• 3-8 pm Packet Pickup (Packet Pickup is from 4-7 pm, Setup, Teardown. Depending on how pickup goes will possibly be done sooner than 8 pm)
Saturday, July 9
• Course Marshalls 7 am – till last participant passes.
• General 6 am – 10 am (will work with getting all completed before parade starts) Setup, Teardown, Start/Finish Line, Early Packet Pickup, Post Race Refreshments.
• Water Station: setup, teardown. 6:45 am – till last participant passes.
You will be receiving a Race Shirt for volunteering. Sizes are Ladies S, M, L, XL, 2XL; Mens S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL.
Children’s Area Volunteer Positions Available
Saturday, July 9 – 10 am to 2 pm, all or part of the 4 hours.
• Splish! Splash! 4-6 Dunk Tank volunteers – must be willing to possibly be submerged in shallow water for a good part of your 1-hour shift. Must not be averse to being soaked.
• Help with children’s games such as duck pond, mystery sucker game, and more.
• 6-8 Monitors at bouncy inflatables.
Parade Volunteer Positions Available
Saturday, July 9, 9 am-11 am
• 9 am-10 am – Greeters and facilitators of parade line-up at the staging area; St. Ambrose and Central Elementary parking lots.
• 10 am-11 am – Parade route monitors – keep the parade moving at an acceptable pace, hurry along any slowpoke entries.
• 10 am-11 am – Refreshments – pass out water to parched parade participants at the end of the route.
Performance dates are Wed-Sun, July 6-10
• Playbills: 3-4 Volunteers needed at each performance to pass out booklets to guests.
• Youth play, Wed, Thurs, Fri needed 5-5:45 pm, Sat, Sun needed 3-3:45 pm.
• Family Musical, Wed, Thurs, Fri needed 6:30-7:15 pm, Sat, Sun needed 4:30-5:15 pm.
• Parking Lot Attendants/Security – Same times dates and times as playbills. Keep the handicap lot available for our disabled guests.
Saturday, July 9
• 3-4 volunteers needed to give parking directions to participants, 9 am to 12 pm. Chairpersons will pick up the lunch tab from Galesburg Meat Company.
Backyard Social Cornhole Tournament
Friday, July 8
• Set up: 2-4 Volunteers, begin at 5:30 pm.
• Check-In: 1 Volunteer, begin at 6:00 pm.
Professional Cornhole Tournament
Sunday, July 10
• Set Up: 3-4 volunteers to help get boards inside and set up, begin at 9:30 am.
• Concessions: 1 Volunteer, 10 am-2 pm.
• Check-in: 1 Volunteer, 10-11 am.
Visit our web page with all activities and opportunities.
• 15 enthusiastic creatures for Big Nazo (Friday workshop, 6-8 pm, St. Ambrose; Saturday morning 9-11:30 am, parade, prep, with end of parade changing at Parchment Methodist Church.)
• 8-10 volunteers working, 2 people in 2 hr. shifts at the Museum, alumni area from 8 am to 4 pm. We could also use a few folks to help with preparations early Thursday evening (site TBD.)
Play in a Day workshop and performance, led by Elizabeth Keiser, Parchment alum and guest artist.
Limited to 20 participants.
• Workshop in the Library community room, immediately following the parade.
• Performance at 2 pm in the formal garden, near the gazebo.